Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sweet Temptations CupCakes

It was my daughter's 13th birthday and so I gave in to her raving about a sort of "tea/baking party".   We did not plan anything for that day, because we bought her favorite pair of shoes days ago and she had invited a few of her classmates to go to Meidolls Cafe.  But no, I didn't want that day to be wasted.  So I whipped up a plan, headed to the grocery and grabbed quickly the stuff I need for a decent dinner, one that somehow my family would call special.
Also, I need to make some experiments on how we will do my Dana's birthday cupcakes on her party on May.   Good thing Baker's Depot has a branch at Waltermart Pasong Tamo.  So we were able to buy a few items I lack and will be needing for that preparation.



Here is the recipe for the Sweet Temptation Cupcakes

Ingredients:
1 bar butter,softened                       1/2 tsp.  Baking soda
2 cups sugar                                    1/2 tsp iodized salt
1/2 cup whole eggs                          1 cup evap milk
1/4 tsp vanilla                                   1/2 cup light syrup
1 tsp. Baking powder                       3/4 cup cocoa
                                                        2 1/3 cups all purpose flour

Procedure:
Mix cocoa and flour in a bowl, set aside.   Mix and beat all ingredients, adding cocoa-flour mixture last.   Pour on a cupcake lined pan.   Bake for 20-25 mins at 350*F.  Cool before frosting.

The last picture shows my daughter, Danielle (the celebrant) decorating the cupcakes.  One batch or recipe makes 22-25 cupcakes.

2 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing this recipe. i shun away from baking chocolate-flavored cupcakes because i couldn't find the prefect recipe that suits my tasebuds plus, i dunno, the baking always turns out wrong. :(

    anyhow, will try your recipe one of these days. btw, 1 bar butter equals 100g or 200g?? can you also share your recipe for thr frosting that goes along with it?

    thanks a bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love to learn baking cakes and cup cakes. May I know kung saan kayo nakakabili ng supplies, ingrients nyo for baking like yung paper cups, decorations or toppers, etc.

    Thanks a lot! :)

    ReplyDelete