Monday, January 24, 2011

An Easy Fish Recipe






The worst experience I ever had was cooking, oh, that's frying fish in the kitchen.  I've heard that it is all about timing when it comes to fish cooking.   Guess I'm not of a chef to be thinking about techniques though.   I love fish, it has less cholesterol, very versatile component when comes to meat cooking.    But I only know a really few dishes, which I would do at home and just what my kids eat.

Here is a dish that is very easy to prepare and do.   Just make sure you get a fresh fish for this...always do!



SIMPLE FISH STEAK



INGREDIENTS:
1/2 Kilo Imelda fish or Maya-maya
2 medium red onions or shallots
3 cloves minced garlic
5 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp calamansi juice
thinly sliced green bell pepper, optional
a dash salt and pepper
2 Tbsp. butter

What to do:

1.   Marinate the sliced fish with 1/3 of the garlic, leave some
for frying, and soy sauce, calamansi juice.  For about 15 to 30
minutes or just 5 minutes if you're in hurry.
2.   Heat pan with butter, once you see smoke coming up,
fry the rest of the garlic and fish, once the fish is brown at the bottom flip it and do the other side.   Once the bottom side is
brown, put the marinate on the pan. 
3.   Let simmer for 5 minutes and put the onions and bell
pepper slices.
4.   After 5 to 10 minutes, turn the heat off and serve.  

1 comment: